Friday 30 July 2010

don't time fly

I cant believe its been 3 weeks since my last update, (anyone still listening). I got away at midday and set off to california and got lost 2 blocks away from the yard, this isnt goin to well me finks, any way got my bearings and got awy. its all about fuel and you next fuel stops, the company plan your route based on these.the truck will go about 900 miles on 3/4 tank and you drive about 600 miles a day, 60mph x 10hrs dr.The truck stops in usa are brill, good food and facilities.because of the heat drivers keep their trucks running on fast tick over for th air con, ALL NIGHT, the yanks can sure give us a lesson in fuel waste.The T/S vibrates with the engines. I have a tri pac fitted to my truck that has a generator and runs the air con so i can keep cool at night.
I drove the same route to LA then back up to san fransisco to load wine(fetzer) out of santa rosa dest for edmonton.Most of the route was up H way 97, what beauty now i know why i came, the scenery was outstanding. The boarder crossing at Kingsgate was apicture of quaintness.
I returned to the yard and sent out to chicargo with a load of beef a place called napoleon, then reloaded puff pastry for vancouver 2200 miles and 35 hrs dr, why they cant make puff pastry in canada is beyond me, still its a dirty job and someone has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment