Thursday 7 October 2010

I'm back

I cant beleive it s been nearly a month since my last update mainly because i have been flat out running illinoise area and back and having difficulty in finding the internet. Last week i ran down to saltlake city with cat litter, the weather was glorious and i caught the sun waiting to load. the destination was toronto driving right across the us on I 80,through utah,wyoming,nebraska,iowa,wisconsin,michigan,crossing into canada via winsor nr detroit to toronto.approx 2000 miles 3 and a half days driving.the first part takes you over the rockies, i parked up at rawlings flying J truck stop so i could veiw the sun rise in the morning, being at high altitude about 7000 ft i was'nt dissapointed.the following day i went thru laramie and cheyanne two well know cowboy programs, its strange seeing the places and assosiating them with the tv. i even went past desoto iowa,the birth place of, (i;ve come for my boy) yep, you got it, big john wayne.as you now may have guessed i seem to go thru a lot of places but i never stop at any.the problem is i could spend time at these places only parking can be a problem so im documenting these place of interest an im will come back on a holiday.
I dropped thr trailer in brampton,weather cold now and had to wear my coat, so a city driver could deliver it the next day and i took a couple of days off.i normally park in walmarts so i can shop and refill my ladder with lots of goodies,don't tell the missus.
I reloaded out of kitchener with chicken for mc donalds saskatoon unfortunatley the truck had ran out of its safety cert and had to go to the garage for a test so here i am sat in a hotel for the night, problem is i now have missed my reload out of saskatoon for california wat a good trip that would have been with loads of miles,hey ho life.s a b.

No comments:

Post a Comment